Learn more about varicocele testosterone
Varicocele: Is a testosterone decrease possible?
A common issue with varicocele is testosterone. The testicles can be damaged by a varicose vein. The damaged testicle can no longer work properly as a result. Overheating of the testicle can impair sperm production and lead to testicular pain, which can also affect the fertility of affected men with varicocele. Learn more about increasing testosterone level naturally.
Note: Make sure you always read till the end of the current site to get full access to all helpful information & insider tips.
Varicocele testosterone: The same applies to testosterone production and testosterone release. The testosterone level in the body can be reduced by the influence of varicocele. Some urologists believe that the testicular varicose vein does not have a decisive influence on testosterone production and testosterone release, since in the case of varicoceles the other testicle would compensate for the imbalance. Still, the overall testosterone level in the body would be higher with two healthy testicles. Aggree? For this reason it is very important to take natural varicocele countermeasures as early as possible to prevent their further development, which can mean more decrease of testosterone levels.
Testosterone deficiency symptoms
As a result of the lower testosterone concentration in the blood, men (often also at an older age) suffer from typical testosterone deficit symptoms such as:
- Listlessness / fatigue
- Decreased libido
- Erection problems / erectile dysfunction
- Increased estrogen levels
- Reduced fertility
- Reduced muscle enhancement
Men often blame varicocele for all of these testosterone deficiency symptoms without first taking a closer look at the testosterone reducing / promoting factors in their lives. It is therefore worth taking a closer look and considering various factors that increase testosterone.
Fact is: There are a number of testosterone-increasing activities that basically every man can take.
In this section we would like to introduce 8 effective ways to naturally increase testosterone concentration in your body:
1. Physical training - strength / endurance
There are a total of 2 methods of physical training with which testosterone release in body is increased.
1) Weight training with heavy weights: Scientific studies have shown that weight training with high weights can increase testosterone release in the body in a targeted and acute manner. At the same time, training with high weights boosts fat burning, which reduces excess body fat. (1)
Furthermore, testosterone release can be positively influenced by an adjustment within the training set breaks. According to one study, men released the most testosterone when the break between training sets of squats and bench presses was 90 seconds.
Note: Heavy weight lifting, such as squats with varicose veins in the testicles, can be a risk factor for further development of the varicose vein. For heavy weights, it is therefore better to use leg press (lying down) to reduce the vertical load on the varicocele. You can find more information about this in the Varicocele Treatment Guide.
2) Endurance sports, more precisely high-intensity interval training (HIT training), also has a similar positive effect on testosterone release according to latest research results. You run and sprint at intervals for 10-15 minutes. To find out the most suitable interval duration, a heart rate analysis is usually carried out beforehand at your fitness & health studio. Please ask your local coach. (2)
Note: Long endurance runs (jogging) from 45 minutes can lead to a reduction in testosterone levels in the body due to exhaustion and are therefore unsuitable for increasing testosterone release. (3)
Note: Don’t overdo it with weight training. Especially untrained men should start training slowly and only increase with time and experience. Otherwise the risk of injury is very high.
2. Reduction in body weight and belly fat
Men with a large abdominal girth can additionally increase their testosterone level by attacking the visceral fat tissue in their abdominal fat through targeted strength / endurance training. The reason for this is the hormone-converting property of visceral adipose tissue, which converts the male testosterone into the female hormone estradiol. This means that the less visceral fat there is, the less testosterone is converted into estrogens. This increases testosterone concentration in the body. (4)
In addition, if you are excessively overweight, weight loss can further increase testosterone, since the adipose tissue in other parts of the body presumably has similar effects on hormone conversion.
3. Increase testosterone - Vitamin D
82% of men in northern hemisphere suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Studies show that men who previously had a vitamin D deficiency could show rising testosterone levels after vitamin D supplementation.
Vitamin D is a vital vitamin that is produced by the body itself through exposure to the sun’s skin. As a rule, 1-2 hours of sun exposure per day are sufficient to produce the necessary amount of vitamin D. However, people with darker skin tones need more sunlight to produce the same amount of vitamin D.
Those who live near the equator have less to worry about a vitamin D deficiency. In regions far away from the equator, such as Europe, a vitamin D addition in the form of caps should be considered, especially in the darker seasons. Vitamin D increases testosterone levels and at the same time strengthens the immune system.
4.Testosterone Killer - Everyday stress?
We are exposed to numerous internal and external stress situations every day. On the one hand there is positive stress (e.g. anticipation / goal achievement / compliments) – but on the other hand there is also negative stress (e.g. time stress / work stress / physical stress). When the body experiences stress, it releases the so-called stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol helps the body to have more energy at the moment of stress.
But at the same time, the level of testosterone in the body drops and the immune system is attacked. Therefore to increase testosterone level it helps to start coping better with everyday´s stress by developing better stress management strategies. You will find a lot of helpful information and practises for better stress management and relaxation techniques in the guide for varicocele treatment.
5. Boost testosterone through healthy sleep
Healthy sleep is essential for a healthy testosterone balance. Physical exhaustion, stress and insufficient sleep lead to a drop in testosterone levels in the body, scientifically proven. Especially in young men, lack of sleep and poor sleep quality can have a very negative effect on the testosterone level in the body. So make sure you sleep long enough. The healthy sleep duration is between 6-9 hours. A complete sleep cycle consists of 90 minutes on average. This is also why a sleep duration of 6, 7,5 or 9 hours (depending on the physical exertion) is recommended.
The highest level of testosterone in the body is in the morning after getting up. Blood collection to check testosterone is therefore generally recommended in the morning. You will find important more important tips for healthy sleep and recovery phases in everyday life with varicocele natural treatment guide.
6. Testosterone and healthy fats
Eating healthy fats can also help increase testosterone levels in your body.
You can find healthy fats mainly in the following natural unprocessed foods:
- coconuts and coconut oil
- fresh meat from grass-fed willow animals
- olives or extra virgin olive oil
- unprocessed nuts such as almonds, peca nuts, Brazil nuts
- cold-processed nut oils
- eggs in organic quality
The testosterone level can also be positively influenced by certain dietary patterns. You can find more on this in Chapter 6 about nutrition in the varicocele treatment guide.
7. Boost testosterone through food supplements
More testosterone with zinc
A zinc deficiency can flatten the testosterone curve in the body. Zinc deficiency is caused, for example, by an unbalanced diet. But also too much exercise can lead to zinc deficiency because the body loses zinc when sweating. (5)
A zinc deficiency can be easily prevented by taking 25 mg zinc per day. Zinc bisglycinate is a special form of zinc that is very easily absorbed by the body.
Magnesium increases testosterone
Magnesium: Magnesium deficiency is also associated with low testosterone levels. If there is also a deficiency here, supplementation with magnesium can increase testosterone production. However, if there is already enough magnesium in the blood, the intake will not change anything. So when taking blood to check your testosterone level, you may also ask for magnesium and other levels. Important: Magnesium citrate is a form of magnesium that is very easily absorbed by the body. (6)
More testosterone through creatine
Creatine: Creatine supports the cell’s energy metabolism by being able to regenerate the cell’s ATP reserves very quickly. In this way, creatine can accelerate muscle growth and provides more strength when exercising when taken regularly.
The effectiveness of creatine intake on testosterone levels was examined in various studies. The best results was found in young men between 18-35 years, who could achieve an increase of approx. 25-25% (in connection with weight training).(10)
Creatine is therefore a supplement that men can take to support training. The most easily absorbed form of creatine by the body is creatine monohydrate. (7)
Note: A dose of 3g before and 3g after training is sufficient to achieve the above positive effects. Overdoses can cause stomach upset.
Insider Tip: Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha, the sleepberry or Indian ginseng, is one of the best plant to naturally increase testosterone level in your body. The plant has been used in traditional Indian medicine, Ayurveda, for thousands of years and, due to their versatile effects, is almost a “panacea”.
- increases testosterone levels by up to 17%
- lowers the cortisol level (stress hormone) by up to 25%
- reduces the overall level of stress in the body
- increases sperm count by up to 167%
- increases libido (lust) in men
- acts as a natural aphrodisiac
- thereby improves fertility
- improves sleep quality and makes it easier to fall asleep
- improves concentration and memory
- improves physical performance
- promotes relaxation, endurance and strength in sports
- has a calming effect on sleep disorders, anxiety and restlessness
- has a calming effect on body and mind (for panic attacks)
- has an anti-inflammatory effect on skin diseases / boils
- is also considered a natural antidepressant
- can relieve anxiety
- strengthens the body’s defenses
- has an antihypotonic effect with low blood pressure
- has blood-cleaning properties
Ashwagandha is the insider tip #1 for all men who want to increase their testosterone levels in a natural way. Ahgawandha is available in powder or capsule form. (8)
Naturally Increase Varicocele Testosterone by:
This is how men can naturally increase their testosterone levels! (Video)
Varicocele testosterone - Other helpful tips:
- Free initial consultation with our varicocele treatment experts. Get your free varicocele treatment strategy proposal today.
- Read one time and you will be fine – Premium strategy with over 100 tips for varicocele treatment.
- Sign up for varicoele newsletter to receive information about new varicocele treatment methods and products first.
Studies and resources:
- Rahimi et al.: Effects of very short rest periods on hormonal responses to resistance exercise in men. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 (study on set breaks)
- Debré et al.: Androgen Responses to Sprint Exercise in Young Men. Int J Sports Med 2010 (study on HIT training)
- MacKelvie et al.: Bone mineral density and serum testosterone in chronically trained, high mileage 40–55 year old male runners. Br J Sports Med. Aug 2000 (long distance running study – testosterone)
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21154195/ (Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Testosterone Levels in Men)
- https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/coconut-oil-testosterone#dihydrotestosterone (Coconut oil and dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3958794/ (The Interplay between Magnesium and Testosterone in Modulating Physical Function in Men)
- https://www.healthline.com/health/testosterone-and-zinc (Connecting Testosterone and Zinc)
- https://flexikon.doccheck.com/de/Viszeralfett (hormonal effects of visceral fat in the body)
- Netter et al.: Effect of zinc administration on plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count. Arch Androl. 1981 Aug
- Cinar et al.: Effects of magnesium supplementation on testosterone levels of athletes and sedentary subjects at rest and after exhaustion. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011 Apr (effectiveness of magnesium on testosterone)
- https://www.vitalityhrt.com/creatine-and-testosterone/ (Does Creatine Increase Testosterone?)
- https://examine.com/nutrition/does-ashwagandha-increase-testosterone/ (Ashwagandha effectiveness on varicocele testosterone)